Frank Esposito, Director
Michael Smith, Roads Supervisor
Andrew Williams, Buildings and Grounds Supervisor
Vera Crouthamel, Secretary
The DPW handles the following:
- Florham Park Environmental Center
- Maintenance of all Borough roads; i.e. repairing potholes, paving, etc.
- Maintenance of parks, playgrounds, and Municipal grounds and buildings
- Snow plowing of Borough roads
- Signage along Borough roads
- Installation and maintenance of storm drains
- Maintenance of all Borough vehicles, including police and fire
- Curbside pickup of leaves and brush
- Removal of downed trees on Borough property
Inclement Winter Weather
Current Borough Ordinances prohibit the plowing or blowing of snow into Borough Roads. Please refrain from doing this as it creates hazardous driving conditions for residents.
BRUSH, LIMB AND GRASS PICK-UP
- BRUSH & LIMB PICKUP began the week of March 23, 2015 and will be conducted once a month during the last full work week (that’s Monday through Friday) of the month continuing through the week of September 21, 2015.
- Leave brush curbside by 7:00 a.m. on Monday and do not place brush in the roadway. Once a roadway is completed there will be no return trips until the following month. LARGE BRANCH CHIPPING between 1 inch and 6 inches in diameter with a length greater than 4 feet will be chipped. SMALL BRANCH CHIPPING Branches and cuttings less than 1 inch in diameter may be tied in bundles no longer than 4’ and placed curbside, or in a rigid receptacle which does not contain grass or garden debris. Bamboo will not be accepted unless cut into 3' lengths or less and put in containers.
- Grass and Garden Debris will be picked up every other week with a cans shall not exceed the 35 lb. weight limit.
- Kindly dump no dog waste or leaves in these cans, please. Pickups will continue through the week of October 26, 2015. Plastic containers, metal cans and all biodegradable bags are acceptable containers; however, no plastic bags may be used at any time.
- Residents are encouraged to bring their debris to the Environmental Center on Fridays between 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. or on Saturdays between 8:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.
Please note the following regarding leaf collection:
PLEASE DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES MIX BRANCHES OR ROCKS WITH LEAVES! DOING SO IMPEDES OUR LEAF COLLECTION PROCESS AND CAUSES MECHANICAL BREAKDOWNS OF MACHINERY
- Leaf Collection will begin annually typically around the second week of October, weather permitting. The leaf collection schedule will be posted here and on the Community TV prior to the start of the schedule.
- Residents should place leaves on the curb either loose or in biodegradable bags by the Monday morning of the scheduled pick-up week.
- Residents are encouraged to bring their leaves to the Environmental Center on Fridays between 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. or on Saturdays between 8:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.
- Leaves must be in cans, barrels or biodegradable bags to be accepted. NO loose leaves (tarped) will be accepted.
- NO contractors or commercial vehicles allowed.
- A limit of five biodegradable bags will be made available at no charge to Borough residents. Bags will be available at the Community Center between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- The final leaf collection typically starts at the beginning of December and the date will be announced in the fall. If leaves are not curbside by the time each street is completed, the DPW will NOT be returning and leaves will not be picked up. Once the final collection is completed, leaf removal will be the responsibility of the resident.
- Leaf collection may change, be delayed, or be suspended due to unforeseen mechanical breakdowns or inclement weather conditions.
**We ask all residents to please adhere to these regulations to ensure a timely and efficient collection.
CLICK HERE FOR THE CURRENT LEAF PICK-UP SCHEDULE
HEAVY ITEM PICKUP
There will be two (2) pickups scheduled in 2015; the week of May 4, 2015 and the week of September 14, 2015. All residents must register the items to be picked up, by telephoning the Department of Public Works by calling 973-410-5330 with their name, address, telephone number and items list, no later than the Thursday preceding the scheduled collection. Failure to call on time will result in missing the pickup, if items are to be added, please re-call and add to the list originally given. Items that will not be picked up include oil tanks, windows, sliding glass doors, mirrors, tires, propane tanks, construction or demolition debris, firewood, logs, stumps, quantities of fencing, railroad ties or items in plastic garbage bags. No glass, plastic bags, or paint will be accepted and we request that you please separate wood from metal, making 2 piles.
COMPUTERS, MONITORS, TELEVISIONS, AND ELECTRONIC ITEMS ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTED FOR HEAVY ITEM PICKUP (OR WEEKEND DROP OFF AT THE COLUMBIA TPK. ENVIRONEMENTAL CENTER.)
Appliances such as refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, dehumidifiers or any other items that have a compressor known to contain Freon will not be picked up unless the DPW office has been provided with documentation indicating that the Freon has been legally removed.(Please check www.njcleanenergy.com to see if a refrigerator/freezer recycling program is in effect, or call 877-270-3520 for information as you may be entitled to a rebate). All items must be at curbside by 6:30 a.m. Monday.
HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE & COMPUTER. TV DROP OFF EVENTS
Computers, televisions, monitors, printers, scanners, phones, fax machines and various oil based materials may be dropped off, free of charge, (9:00 am to 2:00 pm) by contacting the MCMUA.
Saturday, May 30, 2015 & Saturday, September 12, 2015:
Morris Co. Public Safety Training Academy, 500 W. Hanover Ave., Parsippany, NJ
Sunday, October 18, 2015:
Jefferson Township DPW., 1033 Weldon Rd., Lake Hopatcong, NJ 07849
For further information and directions, please call the Morris County Municipal Utilities Authority at 973-631-5109
FP ENVIRONMENTAL CENTER:
The Environmental Center will be open every Saturday from 8:00 am until 12 noon. It will also be open every Friday from 9:00 a.m.until 2:00 p.m for RECYLCING AND Grass Clippings only. Examples of recycling are cardboard, bottles, cans, newspapers, etc. The Compactor will not be open on Friday's for LARGE household items, i.e. furniture, bicycles, etc. THESE MATERIALS WILL BE ACCEPTED ON SATURDAY ONLY. Please remember to bring proper identification or you will not be admitted to the center. If you have further questions regarding these changes, please call DPW Director Frank Esposito at 973-410-5338.
RULES FOR FLORHAM PARK ENVIRONMENTAL CENTER
DRIVERS LICENSE OR ANOTHER FORM OF PROOF OF FLORHAM PARK RESIDENCY MUST BE PRESENTED TO THE ATTENDANT BEFORE DUMPING
Items not accepted:
- Oil tanks, Stumps, Plastic bags, items in plastic bags, Tires, Quantities of fencing
- Wooden pallets, Propane tanks, Railroad ties, Paint (unless uncapped and dried out), firewood, household garbage,
Also not accepted are:
Televisions and Computer Monitors
Items such as refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, or any other item containing Freon will not be accepted unless the DPW office has been provided with written documentation indicating that the Freon has been legally removed from the item. Check with www.njcleanenergy.com to see if a refrigerator/freezer recycling program is in effect.
Vehicles not allowed at Environmental Center:
- Trailers or rented vehicles of any kind or any out-of-state vehicle
- Commercial vehicles (U Haul, etc.)
- Mason dumps ·
- Anything larger than a pickup truck · Vehicles not registered to Florham Park residents
Commercial vehicles or trailers will be accepted provided you obtain a letter of approval from the DPW Director at Borough Hall. The letter must contain the make, model and plate number, and it must be a New Jersey vehicle registered to a resident in the Borough of Florham Park.
The Borough of Florham Park reserves the right to refuse
ANY VEHICLE AT ANY TIME at their discretion.