Welcome to the New Senior Citizen's Corner!
The Florham Park Senior Center is located at 111 Ridgedale Avenue
Senior Center Main # : 973-520-8984
Senior Center Office # : 973-520-8983
Senior Citizens Club of Florham Park
President: Charlene Sozansky
Vice President - Jim Durlam
Treasurer - Russell White
Secretary: Angela Landon
Welcome Florham Park Seniors!
The senior residents of Florham Park are fortunate to have a wonderful Senior Center with its warm and cozy atmosphere where we can meet and greet our fellow seniors.
We’d like to tell you a bit about ourselves! The Senior Citizens Club of Florham Park, or “Seniors” for short, is a social club whose purpose is to bring seniors together to have a good time with new and long-standing friends here at our Senior Center, on day trips, and occasional multi-day vacations. Membership is open to any Florham Park resident age 62 or over, and to a younger spouse of a member. Dues are $10 yearly. We recently celebrated our 50th Anniversary and are 230 members strong.
Below is a list of some Club activities:
- On the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month from September through May we have regular meetings at the Florham Park Community Center. With tables set up, members start to arrive after 10:00 a.m, some bringing a sandwich while we supply coffee, tea, some type of dessert, and socialize with each other. It was particularly nice to get out this past winter when we were all getting “cabin fever”. At several meetings we have Club supplied treats ranging from pizza, to Valentines Day cupcakes, to corned beef sandwiches for St. Patrick’s Day and even an ice cream social in May.
From 11:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. we have a business meeting which is followed by an entertaining or enlightening program of 30-45 minutes. We have Swing Music, Sing-Alongs, talented musicians or singers, including our Ridgedale Middle School Chorus, Hanover Park High School Chorale, Art or historical and interesting things about New Jersey. Occasionally we may have something important, such as the Visiting Nurse organization and The Seeing Eye.
- Our 2nd September meeting is our annual picnic. Weather permitting, we dine outside, the Club supplies the food and entertainment, and members bring desserts. It’s a great way to start the “Club Year”.
- In December, we have our holiday party, which is usually held on the 2nd Wednesday of the month. We dress up a bit, and enjoy appetizers, a gourmet luncheon, musical entertainment, and dancing. This is a 4 hour treat at a very reasonable price, held nearby.
- From Monday through Friday we have Drop-ins where members socialize, and play cards and/or games here at the Senior Center.
- On Monday afternoons and Thursday mornings, we have a 30-minute exercise class, led by a professional instructor, which costs $10 for 10 weeks of primarily chair exercises. It’s a great group and we have had this program for over 8 years with participation averaging 30-40 men & women.
On the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month at 1:30 we play Bingo with “big” payouts of $4-8. All monies collected are paid out so it’s a “fun” time.
Friday is “Movie Day” at 12:30 with old favorites and new
On the 2nd Wednesday of June, we have our annual Spring Luncheon and Dance, closing out our regular meetings (other than Drop-ins, which are year round) until the 2nd Wednesday in Sept-ember. This event is similar to the Holiday Party, usually takes place at The Hanover Manor, and a very good time is had by all!
- On the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of July and August we have had some informative light lunches presented by local businesses.
Being mindful of the needs of other Seniors, we have a special fund called “Seniors Helping Seniors” and work with the Morris County Social Services center in anonymously and discretely assisting any Florham Park seniors and residents needing help.
So, come join the fun! Seniors who have lived their entire lives in Florham Park, as well as relatively new arrivals, all get together and have a great time. Younger Florham Parkers look forward to reaching age 62 to share all our good times! Together we want to stay healthy, stay active, and have a great time. You can join in the fun and build new memories and friendships by becoming an active member of the club. We’re looking forward to getting to know you better as we share all the club has to offer, with the positive vision that the years we spend together can truly be the best years of our lives!
AARP – Florham Park Chapter # 5109 of AARP, Inc.
P.O. Box 614
Florham Park, NJ 07932
President: Richard Zeien
Vice –President: Joelyn Hoferer
Treasurer – Bryce Oxenrider
Secretary – Marie White
For addtional information please call Richard Zeien at 973-377-3841
For membership information please call
Peter Nicolas at 973-520-8654
Our local AARP Chapter 5109 presents, in a cheerful manner, activities and programs resulting in a better quality of life for all.
Meetings are the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 10:00am and usually run until 11:30 – 12:00.
Our motto is:
“To Serve-Not To Be Served”.
Adults ages 50 and above (both residents and non residents) are invited to attend these meetings as our guests and to join our Chapter. Refreshments are served between the meeting and the program.
We are happy to be back at the Florham Park Community Center. There is plenty of parking available.
For additional information or a Membership Application, please call or email Membership Chair Peter Nicolas at:
973-520-8654 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Florham Park Chapter 5109 of AARP invites you to attend the following events:
October 6, 2016
Seats are guaranteed until June 30, 2016
September 20, 2016
"The History of Diners in New Jersey"